Golden Circle Newsletter - Summer 2017
Message from the President
Sonia Smith & I would like to thank everyone for all you have done to help us while we were president & vice president of the Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle. Without you we couldn't have done it. Please think about the future of the Golden Circle and if you would like to be future officers. I hope you enjoyed Peter Lieberman King of Keys entertaining us at the May Health Lunch. Claudette Scutari also sang a duet with Peter. Enjoyed by all. If you have ideas for the future, please let us know.
Please note that is no Membership Meeting, Health Lunch or Art Classes in July and August.
- Membership Meeting - The Membership Meeting is June 7, 2017 @ 10:00AM.
- Health Lunch - The Health meeting is June 21, 2017 at 11:00 am. This month's subject is Alzheimers vs. Dementia. Please sign up at the train station or call Jim Cowan @ 973-748-2924 by Monday morning if you plan to attend so Lenore Proto knows how much food to order.
- Bus Trip - Thank you Samantha Finneran for arranging the bus trip to PENNS PEAK in Jim Thorpe Pa. and navigating the bus driver out of Glen Ridge. The venue was beautiful with extraordinary views of the Pocono Mountains. We had a delicious family style lunch and the comedian & singer enjoyable. Well done Samantha.
- SAVE THE DATE: OCTOBER 10 Samantha is already organizing the Fall bus trip. We are going to an Octoberfest at WATERFRONT AT SILVER BIRCHES in Hawley, Pa on Date OCT. 10. There is a full day of activities including a Strudel Making Demonstration, Music, Dancing and Family Style German Meal with open bar with beer, wine & soda and a German Show. Cost approx., $50.00. Samantha is finalizing the details.
- Jitney Trip - Jeanette Mascari arranged a trip to McLoon's Boathouse in West Orange on Thursday June 15 for our final trip of this year. Please sign up at train station or call Jim Cowan at 973-748-2924. Lunch is on your own. The Jitney will pick up at Train Station/Parkway House at 11:00 AM.
- Sportsmen's Service League - Will be raking leaves & shoveling snow. The contact Person is: Jimmy Hausmann Phone #1-917-428-1340 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MEMBERSHIP DUES -The Glen Ridge Golden Circle Calendar Year is September 2017-June 2018. Dues are for the new calendar year in SEPTEMBER 2017-JUNE 2018. Dues are ($10.00).
- The Art Garage art class is looking for artists. THE CLASSES ARE HELD AT THE GLEN RIDGE TRAIN STATION, 228 RIDGEWOOD AVE. The classes are on Tuesdays 10:00 AM - 12:00 at the Glen Ridge Train Station 228, Ridgewood Ave. PLEASE NOTE THE TIME CHANGE. THERE IS ALSO A NEW TEACHER. If interested, contact Suzanne O'Connor (862) 596-9448 for additional information.
- The Chair Yoga class is looking for participants. The classes are on Mondays 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM. And Wednesdays (see calendar for dates) 9:30 - 10:30AM. PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE. No special equipment needed. Exercises are done while sitting in a chair at your own pace. Instructor Ellen Robertson is a Certified Registered Yoga Instructor. If interested just show up at the Train Station.
Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle Membership Application
To join you must be a Glen Ridge resident. $10.00 dues are due with application.
(Calendar Year is September - June)
Renewal:_____ New Membership:_____
Name_______________________________ Phone:________________ Date_________
Address_____________________________ Birthday Month and Day (optional) _______
Bring completed application to a meeting or mail to:
Marie Meehan Apt. 5F 926 Bloomfield Ave. Glen Ridge, NJ 07028