Golden Circle Newsletter - October 2017
Message from the President
- Membership Meeting - The Membership Meeting is October 4, 2017 at 10:00am. Our speaker will be Angela Galetta-Winn from Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
- Health Lunch - The Health meeting is October 18, 2017 at 11:00am. This month's speaker is Daniel Fragale from Boiling Springs Bank and the topic is "Safe Banking for Seniors." Sign up at the train station or call Jim Cowan at 973-748-2924 by Monday morning if you plan to attend so Lenore Proto knows how much food to order.
- Bus Trip - We are going to an Octoberfest at WATERFRONT AT SILVER BIRCHES in Hawley, Pa on Tuesday, October 10. There is a full day of activities including a strudel making demonstration, music, dancing and "Family Style" German meal including an open bar with beer, wine & soda, and a German Show. The cost is $50.00. The deadline for registration is September 29. The bus departs from the Glen Ridge Community Pool parking lot (35 Clark Street). Please see enclosed flyer.
- Jitney Trip - Jeanette Mascari has arranged a trip to Cinar Turkish Restaurant in West Caldwell on Thursday October 26 departing at 11:30am. Please sign up at train station or call Jim Cowan at 973-748-2924. Lunch is on your own.
- Sportsmen's Service League - The Sportsmen's Service League will be raking leaves & shoveling snow. The contact person is: David Weissenberger Phone 973-901-0488 E-mail: email@example.com
- MEMBERSHIP DUES - Dues are due for the new calendar year SEPTEMBER 2017 - JUNE 2018. Dues are $10.00.You must be a Glen Ridge resident. Please see below Membership Application.
- The Art Garage art class is looking for artists. THE CLASSES ARE HELD AT THE GLEN RIDGE TRAIN STATION, 228 RIDGEWOOD AVE. The classes are on Tuesdays 10:00am - 12:00pm. If interested, contact Suzanne O'Connor (862) 596-9448 for additional information.
- The Chair Yoga class is looking for participants. The classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays (see calendar for dates) 9:30am - 10:30am. No special equipment needed. Exercises are done while sitting in a chair at your own pace. Instructor Ellen Robertson is a Certified Registered Yoga Instructor. If interested just show up at the Train Station.
Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle Membership Application
To join you must be a Glen Ridge resident. $10.00 dues are due with application.
(Calendar Year is September - August)
Renewal:_____ New Membership:_____
Name_______________________________ Phone:________________ Date_________
Address_____________________________ Birthday Month and Day (optional) _______
Bring completed application to a meeting or mail to:
Marie Meehan Apt. 5F 926 Bloomfield Ave. Glen Ridge, NJ 07028