Golden Circle Newsletter - May 2017
Message from the President
In case you haven't heard, I sold my Glen Ridge house after 45 years and bought a condo in an Over 55 Community in Wharton, NJ and closing on May 19. I will be near my daughter in Denville. It's been an honor and experience to be a part of the Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle. I made many wonderful friends and participated in the many social activities I will always remember. Good luck to the future of the Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle.
If you do not receive a newsletter and are NOT sure about a meeting taking place, please call Jim Cowan at 973-748-2924 to verify. The Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle meetings are held as follows: Membership Meeting - 1st Wednesday of the month 10:00am Health Meeting - 3rd Wednesday of the month. 11:00am.
- Membership Meeting - The Membership Meeting is May 3, 2017 at 10:00am.
- Health Lunch - The Health meeting is May 17, 2017 at 11:00am. Peter Liberman (King of Keys) will entertain us. Please sign up at the train station or call Jim Cowan at 973-748-2924 by Monday morning if you plan to attend so Lenore Proto knows how much food to order.
- Bus Trip - Samantha Finneran has been busy with arranging our bus trip. The trip is: May 11 (Thursday) to PENNS PEAK, Jim Thorpe, PA. Family style lunch meal & Show "Sinatra Ol' Blue Eyes & The Comedy of Bob Goss."
- Sportsmen's Service League - Will be raking leaves & shoveling snow. The contact person is Jimmy Hausmann at 917-428-1340 or email@example.com
- The Art Garage art class is looking for artists. The class are held at the Glen Ridge Train Station, 228 Ridgewood Avenue on Tuesdays 10:00am - 12:00pm. If interested, contact Suzanne O'Connor at 862-596-9448 for additional information.
- The Chair Yoga class is looking for participants. The classes are on Mondays 9:45am - 10:45am and Wednesdays (see calendar for dates) 9:45am - 10:45am. No special equipment needed. Exercises are done while sitting in a chair at your own pace. Instructor Ellen Robertson is a Certified Registered Yoga Instructor. If interested sign up at the Train Station.
Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle Membership Application
To join you must be a Glen Ridge resident. $10.00 dues are due with application.
(Calendar Year is September - June)
Renewal:_____ New Membership:_____
Name_______________________________ Phone:________________ Date_________
Address_____________________________ Birthday Month and Day (optional) _______
Bring completed application to a meeting or mail to:
Marie Meehan Apt. 5F 926 Bloomfield Ave. Glen Ridge, NJ 07028