Golden Circle Newsletter - April 2019
Message from the President
In April we had Michael Rohal, The Borough Administrator, come and speak about any upcoming changes, in the town, that could affect many of us in some way. Mostly good. He left us happy to enjoy our lunch. Our Jitney trip to Wegmans was a great success. Most of us had not been to the store before, and we all came home with groceries. The lunch choices worked out well for all as there were so many options.
- Membership Meeting - Our membership meeting for May is on Wednesday, May 1 at 10 am. Join us for a cup of coffee and some final thought and applicants for our updated slate for the coming year. Your opinion is valuable.
- Health Luncheon - On Wednesday May 15, at 11 am. We welcome back Detective Rivera from the GRPD, He has very important facts to give us again, this time on fraud problems. He will answer your concerns also, as our safety is his concern. Sign up at the Train Station or call 973-748-2924.
- Jitney Trip - This month we have chosen to return to Cinar Turkish Restaurant in West Caldwell, come with us and enjoy delicious Mediterranean cuisine. Thursday May 23 at 11:30am pick up at Train Station. Sign up at the Train Station or call 973-748-2924.
- Bus Trip - Bus Trip-Our Spring trip this year is on Wednesday June 12. We are returning to the popular, Waterfront at Silver Birches, Hawley, PA. We'll be seeing Rockin' thru the Ages. Flyer is enclosed with all the details. We leave at 9 am. from the GR Community Pool Parking lot off Clark St. A great trip for $50.
- Sportsmen's Service League - The Sportsmen's Service League will be raking leaves & shoveling snow. The contact person is: Ege Zeybek 973-901-6414 E-mail: email@example.com
- Seniors' Art Class is looking for participants. THE CLASSES ARE HELD AT THE GLEN RIDGE TRAIN STATION, 228 RIDGEWOOD AVE. The classes are on Tuesdays 10:00am - 12:00pm. If interested, contact Khrystyna Khristianova firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Chair Yoga - The classes are on Mondays 9:30am - 10:30am, and on two Fridays 11:15am – 12:15pm (see calendar). No special equipment needed. Exercises are done while sitting in a chair at your own pace. Instructor Ellen Robertson is a Certified Registered Yoga Instructor. Sign up at the Train Station or call 973-748-2924.
- MEMBERSHIP DUES - Dues are due for the new calendar year SEPTEMBER 2018 - JUNE 2019. Dues are $10.00.You must be a Glen Ridge resident. Please see below Membership Application.
With warm regards,
Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle Membership Application
To join you must be a Glen Ridge resident. $10.00 dues are due with application.
(Calendar Year is September - June)
Renewal:_____ New Membership:_____ Date ___________ Birthday Month and Day (optional) _______
Name______________________________________ Phone:________________ Date_____________
Address_____________________________________ E-mail Address ___________________________
Bring completed application to a meeting or mail to:
Marie Meehan Apt. 5F 926 Bloomfield Ave. Glen Ridge, NJ 07028