Golden Circle Newsletter - September 2019
Message from the President
Hello Everyone. We have just started our new year with great success. It was a wonderful turn out for our first meeting, with a few vacation stories from our friends. It seemed like most of us had a lovely summer, with good weather. We also had a visit from Helen at the library with a new schedule for the fall, with lots of new activities being offered. Our first lunch meeting was most informative, with our friend Jessica, the Dietitian, from Shoprite. We all got some great tips when "Cooking for One or Two."
- Membership Meeting - Our first meeting of the month is on Wed. Oct 2. We will have another speaker, dropping by with new information on our town of Glen Ridge, to keep us in the loop.
- Health Luncheon - Our luncheon with guest speaker is on October 16. He is Dennis McGowan from the State of NJ, with some terrific savings available that we may not know about. This should be very helpful to all our Seniors. Sign up at the Train Station or call 973-748-2924.
- Jitney Trip - In September we went to Palazzo in Montclair, for the first time. I think it will be on our list for another visit, it was well received by all. This month we will be returning to Eppes Essen in Livingston to help celebrate Rosh Hashanah. We'll be going there on Thursday October 24, leaving the Train Station at 11.30. Sign up at the Train Station or call 973-748-2924.
- Bus Trip - Our fall bus trip is going to Doolan's in Spring Lake on Tuesday Nov.19 leaving at 9:30 am from Clark St. parking lot. Form is attached. It will be a day of great entertainment, good food and drink. We will be back at about 5:30pm.
- Sportsmen's Service League - The Sportsmen's Service League will be raking leaves & shoveling snow. The contact Person is Brendan Easter 973-980-0514 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seniors' Art Class is looking for participants. THE CLASSES ARE HELD AT THE GLEN RIDGE TRAIN STATION, 228 RIDGEWOOD AVE. The classes are on Tuesdays 10:00am - 12:00pm. If interested, contact Khrystyna Khristianova email@example.com for additional information.
- Chair Yoga - The classes are on Mondays 11:10am - 12:10pm, and on two Fridays 11:10am – 12:10pm (see calendar). No special equipment needed. Exercises are done while sitting in a chair at your own pace. Instructor Lynn Schoorl is a Certified Registered Yoga Instructor. Sign up at the Train Station or call 973-748-2924.
- MEMBERSHIP DUES - Dues are due for the new calendar year SEPTEMBER 2019 - JUNE 2020. Dues are $10.00. You must be a Glen Ridge resident. Please see below Membership Application.
With warm regards,
Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle Membership Application
To join you must be a Glen Ridge resident. $10.00 dues are due with application.
(Calendar Year is September - June)
Renewal:_____ New Membership:_____ Date ___________ Birthday Month and Day (optional) _______
Name______________________________________ Phone:________________ Date_____________
Address_____________________________________ E-mail Address ___________________________
Bring completed application to a meeting or mail to:
Marie Meehan Apt. 5F 926 Bloomfield Ave. Glen Ridge, NJ 07028