Golden Circle Newsletter - April 2017
Message from the President
HAPPY SPRING. I hope everyone made it through the March snowstorm OK. If you do not receive a newsletter and are NOT sure about a meeting taking place, please call Jim Cowan at 973-748-2924 to verify. The Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle monthly meetings are held as follows: Membership Meeting - 1st Wednesday Health Meeting - 3rd Wednesday
- Membership Meeting - The Membership meeting is April 5 at 10:00 am. This month's speaker is Jim Cowan from the Glen Ridge Recreation Department. He will discuss the future of the Glen Ridge Golden Circle.
- Health Lunch - The Health meeting is April 19 at 11:00 am. This month's speaker is a Dietitian from Mountainside Hospital and will & will prepare a "Dietary Treat" for us. Please sign up at the train station or call Jim Cowan at 973-748-2924 by Monday morning if you plan to attend so Lenore Proto knows how much food to order.
- Jitney Trip - Jeanette Mascari arranged a trip on Thursday, April 13 to Boccone Italian Restaurant, 59 South Orange Ave., South Orange. (Lunch is on your own). Please sign up at train station or call Jim Cowan at 973-748-2924. Pickup time 11:00am Train station/Parkway House.
- Bus Trip - Samantha Finneran has been busy with arranging our bus trips. The spring trip is: MAY 11 (Thursday) to PENNS PEAK, Jim Thorpe, PA. Family style lunch meal & Show "Sinatra Ol' Blue Eyes & the Comedy of Bob Goss". See flier for complete details.
- High School Luncheons - The Senior Citizen High School Luncheon is for all Glen Ridge senior citizen residents. There is a lunch and program related to seniors. No sign up required. The next Lunch is: Monday April 3, 2017 11:00am at Glen Ridge High School
- Sportsmen's Service League - Will be raking leaves & shoveling snow. The contact Person is: Jimmy Hausmann Phone #1-917-428-1340 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MEMBERSHIP DUES - The Glen Ridge Golden Circle Calendar Year is September 2016-June 2017. Dues are for the new calendar year in SEPTEMBER 2016-JUNE 2017. Dues are ($10.00).
- The Art Garage art class is looking for artists. THE CLASSES ARE HELD AT THE GLEN RIDGE TRAIN STATION, 228 RIDGEWOOD AVE. The classes are on Tuesdays 10:30am - 12:30pm at the Glen Ridge Train Station 228, Ridgewood Ave. If interested, contact Jim Cowan 973-748-2924 or Suzanne O'Connor 973-744-6484 for additional information.
- The Chair Yoga class is looking for participants. The classes are on Mondays 9:45am - 10:45am. And Wednesdays (see calendar for dates) 9:45 - 10:45am. No special equipment needed. Exercises are done while sitting in a chair at your own pace. Instructor Ellen Robertson is a Certified Registered Yoga Instructor. If interested just show up at the Train Station.
Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle Membership Application
To join you must be a Glen Ridge resident. $10.00 dues are due with application.
(Calendar Year is September - June)
Renewal:_____ New Membership:_____
Name_______________________________ Phone:________________ Date_________
Address_____________________________ Birthday Month and Day (optional) _______
Bring completed application to a meeting or mail to:
Marie Meehan Apt. 5F 926 Bloomfield Ave. Glen Ridge, NJ 07028