WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF POLICE OFFICER AT THIS TIME.
Qualifications for position of Police Officer:
- Associates Degree, from an accredited college or
- 60 College credits from an accredited college or university, or
- Two year military experience with 30 college credits from an accredited college or university, or
- Two years law enforcement experience with 30 college credits from an accredited college or university.
- Be licensed by the state of New Jersey to operate motor vehicles.
- Be of good moral character.
- Be of good health and sound in body and mind.
- Be a legally qualified voter.
- Never have been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude.
- Meet the qualifications necessary for membership in the Police and Fireman's Retirement System, state of New Jersey.
- Never have been a member of any party or group or organization advocating the overthrow of the government of the United States, or any state thereof.
Online resumes are not accepted.
Any questions regarding the position of Police Officer should be sent to the attention of:
Lieutenant Sean Quinn
Glen Ridge Police Department
3 Herman Street
Glen Ridge, New Jersey 07028
Essex County College Police Academy